Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Interview

SA LOOB NG isang History Department sa loob ng isang Katolikong unibersidad na nasa isang Katolikong siyudad, siyudad na nasa isang Katolikong bansa.

Historian: So, you are good as pass.

Applicant: Thank you, sir. Thank you.

Historian (habang sinisipat ang application papers na matagal na niyang nabasa): I see here...I see here that you are...a Muslim. Right! A Muslim!

Applicant: Ah, yes sir.

Historian: Ah s'an ka sa Mindanao?

Applicant: Ay hindi po. I'm from Manila.

Historian: I sensed that you are Tagalog.

Applicant: No, sir. My parents are Visayan: my mother is a Waray and my father is a Negrense. But I was born and raised in Manila.

Historian: Ah you're a Balik-Islam.

Applicant: No, sir. I am a Muslim.

Historian: But you are from Manila?

Applicant: I am a Filipino Muslim.

Patlang.

Historian: Any field of specialization in case you start your studies here?

Applicant: I want to study the Kagan Bangsa Moro...yes, Kagan History, sir.

Historian: Ah, Filipino Muslims in the South. That's interesting. We have students here from Mindanao and professors specialized in Filipino Muslim's history in the South.

Applicant: No, sir, Moro History.

Historian: Filipino Muslim's history in Mindanao.

Applicant: Moro History, sir. Not Filipino.

Sa loob ng isang History Department sa loob ng isang Katolikong unibersidad na nasa isang Katolikong siyudad, siyudad na nasa isang Katolikong bansa... may dalawang Pilipinong hindi nagka-intindihan.

No comments:

Post a Comment